Ayr Community Directory
Be the first to advertise in Ayr Community Directory!
We are developing ayr.guide for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Ayr for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the community in Ayr?
The vibrant town of Ayr, located in Queensland, Australia, is home to various community groups that offer diverse programs, services and activities to its residents. These organisations aim to bring together the residents of Ayr and create tight-knit communities, disseminating valuable information, and providing opportunities for personal growth. Here are some of the best community groups in Ayr that you can consider joining.
1. Ayr Lions Club: The Ayr Lions Club is an active social organisation whose goal is to serve the Ayr community. They organise various fundraising activities to liaise with charities, support local businesses, and organise community events, such as the annual Christmas Carols and Easter Egg Hunt. Membership in the Lions Club enables you to volunteer your time and skills, and network with like-minded individuals who share your passion for helping others.
2. Ayr Men's Shed: The Ayr Men's Shed is a community-based organisation that primarily targets men who are experiencing isolation, loneliness, or need a supportive and friendly place to interact, share skills and learn new things. At the Men's Shed, members engage in a variety of activities, including woodworking, metalworking, gardening, cooking, and even social outings, like BBQs and fishing trips. The organisation provides a conducive environment for men to relax, enjoy, and combat their depression or anxiety issues.
3. Ayr Garden Enthusiasts Society: Do you have a green thumb? The Ayr Garden Enthusiasts Society aims to provide an informative platform for garden enthusiasts in Ayr to discuss and showcase their gardening skills. Apart from sharing helpful gardening tips, tricks and techniques, members get to participate in various excursions, workshops, and competitions that revolve around gardening, landscape design, flower arrangements and more.
4. Ayr Toastmasters Club: The Ayr Toastmasters Club provides a friendly atmosphere where members can improve their communication and public-speaking skills, build leadership skills, and gain the confidence to speak in front of an audience. The Club holds regular meetings, where members get to present speeches, participate in speeches evaluations, impromptu speeches exercises, and leadership roles. The skills learned at Toastmasters are invaluable for career growth and personal development.
5. Ayr Camera Club: If you have a passion for photography, the Ayr Camera Club is the perfect organisation for you. The club welcomes photographers, both experienced and beginners, to learn and share technical skills while showcasing their work. Members get to participate in photography outings, workshops, competitions, and share their photographic expertise.
there are plenty of community groups in Ayr, Queensland that offer valuable support, encouragement, and a platform for personal growth. Whether you are interested in improving communication skills or simply networking with like-minded individuals, the above-listed organisations are worth exploring.
Contact details for the above-listed organisations are as follows:
Ayr Lions Club
Contact Person: Peter Ashman (Secretary)
Ayr Men's Shed
Contact Person: Robert Hamilton (Secretary)
Ayr Garden Enthusiasts Society
Contact Person: Carolyn Kelly (Secretary)
Ayr Toastmasters Club
Contact Person: Jeff Cross (President)
Ayr Camera Club
Contact Person: Vivienne Wyatt (Secretary)
Ayr Community Articles